Every August, the island authorities organize:
Swimming races at the port.
Folk art and photography exhibitions in Chora.
Traditional island feast in the Chora square.
Celebrations in Anafi country chapels are very important to the island inhabitants. All visitors are welcome to join in the festivities.
Other important festivals are:
- Prophet Elias in Vrysi 20th of July
- St. Panteleimon in Vaya 27th of July
- Kalamiotissa Festival (Holy Mary) 15th of August
- St. Demetrios in Mantourlo 27th of October
- St. Anthony 17th of January
The greatest festival (on the island)takes place at the Kalamiotissa Monastery on September 7th-8th. A very interesting religious ritual takes place two days prior to the feast at the Zoodochos Pigi Monastery (September 8th). The icon of the Virgin Mary (Panagia) is carried by the locals to the peak of Kalamos, to the old Monastery of Panagia Kalamiotissa, where an all-night ceremony takes place. The pilgrims return the next morning.